Regional Sales Director North America
temporarily only in English language available
Based on our timely succession planning, we are now looking for an experienced Regional Sales Director to lead our sales activities in USA, Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean and to take over the role from the incumbent within 2024.
In this position you are responsible for setting up the North American business plan, achieving sales and profitability targets in the territories.
Your duties will include to manage and motivate your sales team, distributor and agent, delivering on the sales plans as well as helping with market intelligence. You are a good communicator having proven managerial experience in the industry, preferable in the pharmaceutical packaging industry. You will also manage customers and key accounts in your own territory. You will collaborate with our Whippany (NJ) plant manager, the quality team as well as customer service and reporting directly to your supervisor based in Swiss headquarter. The role requires frequent face-to-face communications as well as interacting and reporting with the global and local organization. The job is based in our site Whippany (NJ).
- Leading and motivating your sales staff and distributor to improve the services and client basis.
- Create, manage and implement business development plan NAFTA
- Implementing strategic plan to reach the NAFTA sales target.
- Develop detailed and accurate sales reports and hold regular sales meetings.
- Manage and support the local team and clients by holding commercial and technical trainings.
- Assess account opportunities and review trends as well as competitors’ analysis.
- Maximize sales growth and profitability in NAFTA region and own territory/accounts.
- Travel frequency is 25-40%
- Several years’ experience in the packaging industry with good motivation and negotiation skills.
- Experienced sales manager / technician with proven sales track record
- Good knowledge of MS Office, CRM, SAP tools
- Great interpersonal communication skills.
- Spanish language skills in addition are a plus
What we offer
- Join the team of a strong, expanding global pharmaceutical packaging company
- Holding a key position interacting with other global Sales Director peers
- Flat hierarchy and quick decision-making
- Working in a motivated and dynamic team
Who we are
Perlen Packaging is a global leader in the manufacturing of high barrier pharmaceutical blister packaging. With our 5 sites around the globe, we are well-known in the pharmaceutical industry. Our company employs more than 500 people worldwide and is active in more than 80 countries.