PERLATOP™ - Paper / PVdC
New sustainable solution to substitute the alu lidding using paper, coated with PVdC.
The Duplex paper structure produced completely in-house can be sealed to
standard PVC Mono film.
Cost savings up to 15% possible compared to alu lidding.
Properties from test runs
- same PVdC formulation as used for thermoforming films
- WVTR better than Mono PVC film (≤ 3.1 g/m2 x 24h, 40°C, 75% r.h.)
- technical characteristics (like sealing strength) are comparable to alu lidding
- the Paper/PVdC structure can be processed on standard thermoforming machines
- machine speed and output comparable to alu lidding
- printable without primer by all printing methods
- push-through effect comparable to alu lidding
- low CO2 footprint (98% less CO2 emission compared to alu)
PVdC and heat sealing lacquer comply with the current international guidelines, directives and standards for pharmaceutical packaging material.