Sustainability at Perlen Packaging
For Perlen Packaging and our holding CPH Chemie + Papier Holding AG, sustainability and the responsible use of natural resources have always been top priorities. For 200 years we have been working continuously to improve our environmental footprint by using resources efficiently, minimising our waste and recycle it. To protect the environment, the CPH Group works continuously to reduce CO2 emissions.
As a manufacturer, we closely follow the recycling requirements for our materials. Therefore, we are working on future alternatives for blister lidding films in order to take another step towards a circular economy with single-material packaging.
As part of our company's sustainability agenda, we initiated a new comparative Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) with other common plastics. This was conducted by a third party and we are very encouraged by the outcome: Excellent environmental impact results were identified for both the production of Perlen Packaging's PVC pharmaceutical films and our PVdC coated barrier films.
The LCA information will be useful in helping our customers with relevant data to make fact-based decisions, evaluate material choices and jointly decide on feasible development projects.
Energy Management Müllheim 50001
- 100% renewable energy since 01.01.2018
- Savings of approx. 6'200t CO2/year
- Electricity consumption in 2019 is 17'171'498 kWh (corresponds to about 4'250 4-person households in DE)
- The smart solution from the neighbourhood for Perlen Packaging Switzerland
- The entire steam consumption of 9'107t in 2019 for drying the coated films was supplied by the nearby Perlen cantonal waste incineration plant
- Switzerland's first steam-heat coupling for this kind of application
- Financial participation by the CPH Group
- Environmentally friendly energy
- Independence from fossil fuels
- State-of-the-art, proprietary industrial water and wastewater treatment plants in Suzhou and Perlen
- Continuous reduction of water consumption
Post Industrial Recycling
Post industrial recycling
- Post-industrial waste at our customers is recycled and used in the construction industry
- Other alternatives are currently being investigated
Recycling of winding cores
- Our post-industrial PVC waste is reused for our own winding cores
- Recycling management at the Müllheim site